Das Alpenhaus Delikatessen is the Treasure Valley’s one and only German deli and market! From Beer and Wine to Europe’s finest assortment of chocolates, we pride ourselves in having the widest variety of German, Austrian and Swiss products that Boise has to offer. Our menu incorporates some of the area’s most popular dishes. Our rotating Friday night dinners include regional popular favorites ranging from Rouladen to Specialty Schnitzel dishes.
Owners Jamie and Greg opened the doors to Das Alpenhaus Delikatessen in October of 2016 and fulfilled their life-long dream of bringing a piece of the beloved Alps to the Boise area. Having been raised in a German family, the germanic culture has played a tremendous role in Jamie’s life. His love for the area was solidified when he spent an extended period of time living in Thüringen, where he mastered the German language and gained an abiding love for the culture.
Many years later, Jamie and Greg are happy to share their love of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland with you. Whether you grew up in beautiful Germany, Austria or Switzerland *or* are simply looking for some specialty goodies, it is their hope that Das Alpenhaus Delikatessen will have you feeling right at home.
EVERY DAY LUNCH ITEMS – COOKED TO ORDER!
* Bratwurst on a Brötchen – Bratwurst served on a crusty German roll w/ Mustard. Sauerkraut available for an additional charge.
* Schnitzel Sandwich – Thinly pressed pork cutlet, egg washed, breaded and then fried. Served on a pretzel bun with mustard, mayonnaise, and fresh cucumbers, onions, tomato and lettuce.
* Cordon Bleu Schnitzel Sandwich – Thinly pressed pork cutlet, egg washed, breaded and then fried. Served with seared Black Forest Ham, Swiss on a pretzel bun with mustard, mayonnaise, and fresh cucumbers, onions, tomato and lettuce.
* Fried Leberkäse Sandwich – Thick slice of fried German “Meatloaf” served on a crusty German roll w/ Mustard and Havarti Cheese.
* Ruben Sandwich – Pan-seared Corned Beef served on Pan-toasted German Rye w/ Mustard, Mayonnaise and House-Made Sauerkraut.
* Schnitzel w/ Pommes – Thinly pressed pork cutlet, egg washed, breaded and then fried. Served with fresh-cut, Red Potato Fries. Accompanied by fresh Lemon Wedge and Mayonnaise.
* Hot Pastrami Sandwich Topped w/ Coleslaw – Pan-seared Pastrami served on a Pretzel Bun with House-Made Coleslaw.
* Döner Kebab – Turkish-German take on a Gyro. Fresh-baked Pita from Babylon Market stuffed with Beef & Lamb Meat, House-Made Tzatziki Sauce, and fresh lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and red cabbage. Topped with a sprinkle of zesty red pepper flakes.
* Toasted Salami Brötchen – Fresh German Butter, Mustard Seed Salami, Havarti, Swiss, Muenster and fresh tomatoes placed in a German crusty roll – toasted and served warm.
* Giant Pretzel – Sure to please! We don’t mean large – we purposely chose the word Giant! Served with mustard. May be upgraded to include our House-Made Obatzda Cheese.
* Classic “Schnellimbiss”-Style Currywurst – Seared, snappy German Wieners covered in Currysauce and a dash of yellow curry. Accompanied by a Brötchen.
SERVICE ON FRIDAY DINNER SPECIALS STARTS AT 5 pm.
** Limited kitchen service during dinner hours.
June 2nd: Käsespätzle m. Schinken & Gemüsesalat (Cheesy German Egg-Noodles w/ Slice of Ham & Choice of Vegetable Salad)
June 9th: Kohlrouladen & Kartoffelbrei (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls & Mashed Potatoes)
June 16th: Paprikaschnitzel (Zigeunerschnitzel – no longer the accepted vernacular) m. Spätzle (Paprika Sauce Schnitzel (“Gypsy-Style” Schnitzel) w/ German Egg Noodles)
June 23rd: Hackbraten m. Bratkartoffeln & Jägersoße (German Meatloaf Patty w/ Fried Potatoes & Hunter Gravy)
June 30th: Paprikahändl m. Rotkohl & Klöße (Paprika Chicken w/ Cooked Red Cabbage & Potato Dumplings)
Hours of Operation
Please verify hours on Google around holidays and special events.
Monday-Wednesday: 10am – 8pm (Kitchen: 11am – 7:30pm)
Thursday: 10am – 10pm (Kitchen: 11am – 9:30pm)
Friday: 10am – 10pm (Kitchen: 11am – 5pm, Dinner: 5pm – ??)
Saturday: 10am – 8pm (Kitchen: 11am – 7:30pm)